Invisalign is the best option if you are looking for teeth straightening treatments to enhance your smile comfortably. It is an orthodontic aligner made of clear plastic material and looks similar to the mouth guard. These are solid plastic trays that are strong enough to push your teeth to their correct orthodontically positions. Since the aligners are transparent, it is tough to tell if anyone is wearing Invisalign. At Wedgewood Dental, we offer Invisalign treatments to correct your tooth alignment problems.
Benefits of Invisalign
- We are often conscious about visible metal braces, but Invisalign is a transparent alignment tray that will not be visible in your mouth when you are wearing it.
- It is fabricated with highly advanced technology. Therefore every progress in the movement of your teeth can be monitored.
- It is made of plastic and does not have any metal components. This eliminates the chances of getting injured, like in metal braces.
- Invisalign causes less pain than metal braces since it gently pushes your teeth, while braces put a lot of pressure between your teeth and jaw bone.
- Unlike braces, you will not have to compromise on certain foods that you eat during the treatment.
- You are free to take the Invisalign aligners off while eating and brushing. This will promote proper cleaning of your teeth, which is impossible with braces.
Process of Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign can be used to treat several malocclusion problems, including gapped teeth, overbite, and under-bite. During your first visit to the dental office, we will examine your mouth to check the severity of malocclusion to determine your candidacy for the treatment. We will take an impression of your teeth and some X-Rays, to help us design a treatment plan for you. These impressions and scans will be sent to the Invisalign laboratory along with instructions for manufacturing your Invisalign aligners.
Once we have received your Invisalign, we will check them for perfect size and fit. You will be given your Invisalign aligners and instructions to use them. Generally, you have to wear Invisalign for at least twenty-two hours per day. It can be taken off while eating or brushing. Your trays will be changed every two weeks, and follow-up consultations will be scheduled once a month. We will advise you to avoid acidic liquids or foods and never chew with the Invisalign aligners. It can damage your aligners or even change their shape.
To learn more about our Invisalign treatments, visit Wedgewood Dental offices at 713 Salem Avenue Suite A, Rolla MO 65401 or 1116 S. Main Street, Salem MO 65560. You can also reach us at (573)368-7325 or (573)729-7701.