At Wedgewood Dental, we offer natural-looking dentures made from high-quality materials to restore your missing teeth. They provide a long-term alternative for tooth loss that may have happened due to periodontal disease, dental trauma, or other reasons. Dentures can quickly reinstate your bite, smile, and confidence.
Benefits of Dentures
- Increased confidence
- Restored bite
- Improved ability to eat and chew
- Protection for your remaining teeth
- More natural resemblance
- Higher rate of acceptance
- Longer lasting results
- Quick and easy placements
What Are the Different Types of Dentures?Full Dentures
Full dentures are intended to restore an entire arch of missing teeth in the mouth. This process can be undertaken after removing any impaired and useless teeth present in the oral cavity. Though the denture process may seem overwhelming, many patients find it the perfect solution to realize a functional and aesthetic smile. There are various full denture options based on individual requirements, including:
- Traditional Dentures - Generally, these dentures are fitted after eight to twelve weeks after removing the existing decayed teeth to ensure complete healing. These dentures provide a long-term solution, though the patients need to go without teeth for some period.
- Immediate Dentures - These dentures offer a temporary solution till you receive your permanent appliance. Immediate dentures allow you to have a full smile after tooth removal. However, as your gums heal, these dentures may change shape and become loose, requiring them to be relined. Depending on your preference, these dentures can be fixed either through natural suction pressure of the mouth or adhesive denture solutions. They will typically need relining once in a year or two.
The bite will begin to shift when a patient has multiple missing teeth. It can get affected even when one tooth goes missing. Some patients may even experience the shrinking of the jawbone near the opening and the mouth's soft tissues. The shrinking of the jawbone can also cause problems for the rest of the teeth in your mouth and your appearance. A partial denture will support your jawbone, gums and facial muscles and keep them in correct working condition.
Implant-supported dentures consist of small titanium fixtures used in place of the roots from your missing teeth. Dentures are then fixed in positions for secure solutions that won't require the relining of conventional options. They offer a solid base for the prosthetic teeth.
To learn more about our denture options, visit Wedgewood Dental offices at 713 Salem Avenue Suite A, Rolla MO 65401 or 1116 S. Main Street, Salem MO 65560. You can also reach us at (573)368-7325 or (573)729-7701and to schedule an appointment.